Dear trauma.

Dear trauma.

You abused me. You spit on me when you promised to love me. You looked the other way when I was in need of help. 
I was wounded and then came to the realization that the closest people to me have hurt me deeper than their love could reach.
So I ran. For my life. But in the process I nearly killed myself.
Starved. Ran. Walked for miles for no real reason. Looked for God in the darkness.

Hope came in the night most often. Songwriting, bonfires with other troubled souls, happy moments coming and going with my beloved protectors who watched out for me and helped me to get back up after being knocked flat on my back.

You took all you could from me. Then you pointed your finger at me and made my heart bleed.

Dear trauma. You never believed me. My pleas were silenced by the hopelessness you caused within me. More than a voice I witnessed, you cruelly pursued me and tried to torture me into a place so dark that all I had was you.

Well, you suck, quite frankly.

I have fought you many times and will continue to fight.

I will win. And not alone

I have forgiven those you tried to turn against me.
I have loved despite your cutting remarks and evil stare.

Dear those who have experienced their own trauma.

You will be freed if you fight for the way out of this dark time.
Do not listen to the darkness. The unkind pokes and prods.
Go and live.
Go and win.
Ask for friends from God. He will provide to you. Give you what you need. If he doesn't answer right away or you receive more cruelty, keep fighting for this. He will provide.

Do not feel like faith is there to make you feel like you are a failure.
Faith is faith. It is hopeful and like a hand reaching out to a downtrodden spirit.

You can do this. 

Be kind when the voice of trauma says you should lash out.
Spit back in it's face.
And then walk away.
God will provide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside

Hope and other shallow things

May 19 3:00 a.m. The Glass Jar